Friday, October 22, 2010

Mrs. Metzger's Very Favorite Book for Women

Years ago my friend Oprah had the author of this book on her show. They talked about how it can change your life. I remember hearing Dr. Stahlman, my principal at the time, telling the faculty how much she enjoyed it too, so I went out and bought it. I've always liked reading "self-help" type books that give me pointers on how to be a better person but this one tops them all. It's a daily journey that requires self reflection and goal setting. I've read this book three times (not in a row). The last time I used a highlighter to help me focus on what's important. I've also purchased and given away many, many copies of this book. One thing I get out of it is perspective on what's really important in my life and how many blessings I have. If you're looking for a way to appreciate your life more fully in 2011, take my suggestion and grab a copy this holiday season. You won't be sorry!

1 comment:

Melanie Holtsman said...

I'll have to give it a try!