Thursday, October 1, 2009

Calendar Math







Every day we do Calendar Math. First we look for patterns on the calendar. We notice what was yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Then we count how many days we've been in school and talk about how many tens there are. We have a clock (that's new). We are working on telling time. Today we counted by fives on the clock. We also have a wallet. Every day we add a penny. When we have 5 pennies we trade them in for a nickel. If we have two nickels you could make it a dime. Finally we have our birthday graph. We have most of our birthdays in July and none in March!



By Brandon P. and Mrs. Metzger

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Calendar Math Rocks!!!
From the boys and girls in class.

Melanie Holtsman said...

I think Calendar Math teaches so many important concepts. I wish I had it when I was in school! I've seen Mrs. Morris teach it and it looks fun too!

My birthday is in February. I wonder how many you have in that month? :)
Mrs. Holtsman

Anonymous said...

I love calender math brandon p.

lee said...

CALENDAR MATH ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lee said...

clock looks like we will be done in november brandon p.