Sunday, September 27, 2015

Teacher of the Year

Last week Principal Phillips came to our classroom and announced that I was selected as the Teacher of the Year for 2015-2016.  This is a huge honor at Chets Creek because you are nominated by your peers.  I have great respect for the people I work with and will do my best to represent our school with honesty, integrity, and kindness.  Since Chets Creek is a family affair for me, (I co-teach with my sister, my mom volunteers at the front desk every Thursday, and my dad helps with Blessings in a Backpack on Fridays) Mrs. Phillips had them join her for the announcement.  I'm overjoyed to share this honor with what I believe is The Greatest Class On Earth!

A surprise!
Mrs. Phillips
My mom and dad with me and the kids.
My sister and parents.
My own parking space!
Missy brought me a celebratory coffee!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cool! You definitely deserve the award, and all of the lauds that come with it! :) you both are wonderful, and we appreciate you more than we can articulate.