Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Our friend the author JUDY SCHACHNER!!!


After reading all of the Skippyjon Jones books in our classroom, we decided to e-mail one of our favorite authors - Judy Shachner.  Here is her reply to us:

Hola Poochitos!!

Receiving your letter this morning  was like taking a gigantic vitamin. I can't even begin to tell you how good it made me feel...well maybe I can. It made me feel like dancing and singing and bouncing and hoping and  spinning and flying and running around in circles chasing my own tail!  Oh wait a minute...I don't even have a tail. Writing is a powerful thing!

Please send me your address so that I may send your entire fabulously fuzzy class s surprise.

Hugs and whiskers, from your friend without a tail,

Judy Schachner

P.S. I was forty years old before I dared to write a book.
        Don't wait that long before you try;)

And here is what came in the mail for us today!!  

She sent us a Skippyjon Jones costume, a class set of bookmarks, a handwritten note with a picture she sketched of Skippyjon, and two preview books!!!!!!! WOW!!!!  She sent us books that don't have the ending so we're on the edge of our seat waiting for it to come out in stores.  
Here one of our students models the costume and brand new book, Cirque de Ole!

5 comments:

Mrs. McLeod said...

Wow! What an incredible treat from a published author! That must truly be inspiring for your kiddos. :)

Beckee Price said...

I love it!!! What a wonderful connection for the kids to make. Can't wait to read the preview books!

Ashley Russell said...

So cool! What a sweet author to write you all back. Great job! :)
Love,
Miss Russell

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Alexandra has been talking about Skippyjon for the past two weeks. :)

Alex's Dad

kimmy1987 said...

I love Skippyjon Jones! This is super special!