Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Plump and Perky Turkey


The November book of the month is called A Plump and Perky Turkey by Teresa Bateman and Jeff Shelly. This book is funny! The people in Squawk Valley were trying to find a turkey for Thanksgiving. They put up signs looking for a turkey to model for pictures and sculptures. Their plan was to eat the turkey on Thanksgiving but Pete (the model) was too smart for them. He camouflaged himself in the art work and escaped! He left a note saying Goodbye and he took the bird made of oatmeal as his modeling fee. The people of Squawk Valley were left to eat shredded wheat on Thanksgiving!
I made a connection to this book because I eat shredded wheat too, but for breakfast. On Thanksgiving my favorite foods are turkey and key lime pie!
By Sande

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should read this book. It is funny!
- Heather

Anonymous said...

This book is really cool! And it is super funny!


By, Anna

Meli O'Leary said...

Sande,
I can't wait to read the book with my class. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Ms.Launey
P.S. I eat shredded wheat too...I like cinnamon sugar on top!

Anonymous said...

The book was super funny!It was cool eating shredded wheat!
-Layney

Anonymous said...

that sounds like funny turkey! (it was) we enjoyed eating sherded weat. by Kaci and Layney